Wednesday, March 27th 6-8pm
Irvine Civic Center at 1 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine
The City of Irvine, in partnership with the Irvine Prevention Coalition, is pleased to sponsor well-known adolescent psychologist Dr. Jerry Weichman to lead a community discussion about the impact positive social relationships have on a teenager’s mental health and physical well-being.
Dr. Jerry Weichman is a licensed clinical psychologist, adolescent specialist, and parenting expert. With nearly 20 years of private practice experience, Dr. Weichman has counseled more than 5,000 teenagers and their families. He is passionate about helping teens and gaining respect and parents communicate better and build strong, positive relationships. He is a popular public speaker and a published author. Dr. Weichman has been featured in many noteworthy media outlets including the New York Times, Washington Post, and LA Times, and has appeared on major networks ABC, NBC, and, Fox discussing a an eye out for variety of teen and parenting topics.
• The state of teenagers — what are they thinking, doing, and why
• The newest trends and behaviors facing teens in Irvine
• Tips for building rapport, increasing communication,
• How to identify a teen in trouble, and the best ways to support them
• Ways to diffuse an escalated situation with a student
• Warning signs that everyone should be keeping
• Effective mental health tools you can teach students/children
• Simple coping techniques to help you remain in control and maintain composure
No RSVP required for this free event. For more information, call 949-724-6749.